Thursday, June 16, 2011

French Play-Dough

With every cake I make I almost always receive the question "What is fondant?" or more frequently, just a raised eye brow and an unsteady fork. 

In telling the truth, "it's made of sugar", the eyebrows just go higher and you get a nervous "what is this lady talking about" nodding smile...

My solution:  "Oh..I just call it french play-dough",  forehead muscles relax and nervous nods turn into giggles, followed by large bites of the delicious cake.  (Very few people forget the joys of preschool play-dough and eating birthday cake and perhaps even eating the play-dough)

Baking is my joy.

I have finally taken the step to create my baking blog (which I have been meaning to do for YEARS).  It is the play of a culinary sophomore into the world of pastry, cake, delicacies and all things that can bring simple joy....

I always can use more joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment